Hi, I'm Yolandé
I became a first time mom during lockdown in May 2020. Most days you will find me at home with my family. I love living a simple life. When I'm not photographing people, I love reading and gardening. Some of the most exciting things that have happened to me was traveling to weddings in Norway, Italy, Angola and Zimbabwe. What a gift to see the world while doing what I love!
I have a very clean photographic style. I want my photographs to be classic and timeless. I have a discreet "fly on the wall" approach on the wedding day. I try to blend in as much as possible and keep direction to a minimum. However I do often lead clients who are not as comfortable knowing "what to do" in front of a camera by offering suggestions on how to achieve natural photos.
Weddings are such personal events that it's so important that we are aligned. I'd love to have a cup of coffee with you either in person or via online to see if we are a match.
A few things about me:
- I was raised Afrikaans and can speak both Afrikaans and English fluently
- I grew up in a town in Mpumalanga and moved to Cape Town at the age of 23 not knowing anyone here to pursue my dream career.
- I was a journalist before I became a wedding photographer. I covered hard news stories like accidents and violent crimes. A very far cry away from my line of work now.
- I don't watch tv, but I can binge watch Youtube videos from Byron Katie all day long.
- I hate cooking. Luckily I married someone who enjoys it.
- I have a HUGE sweet tooth
- I met my husband via online dating
- We named our son after one of my husband's favourite Youtube rock-climbers